Here’s to another 10 years
Original uncropped photo or Chris McClure as seen on the cover of Arctic Monkeys album “Whatever people say I am, That’s what i’m not.” taken in a pub in liverpool.
Alex excellently clarifying the difficulties of living in today’s society.
AM - Arctic Monkeys
Making beautiful music :)
- do not glorify cutting
- do not glorify aneroxia or ed’s
- do not glorify apathy
- do not glorify hating yourself
- do not glorify anxiety
- do not glorify mental disorders
- do not glorify suicide
- do not do not do not do not do not do NOT
A bit of Metallica up in here
This needs to be changed to Alex Band Guy.
"Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?" reached #8 on the UK Top 40 chart, making it the first single since Fluorescent Adolescent to make it o the top ten.
Why is it that all these great bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Oasis, The Wombats and MGMT start off strong, but then their career starts going downhill from there? The music is still amazing, that’s true, but it seems like people just get bored after the first album and couldn’t be bothered to see how the band progress in their musical career. Bands like Kasabian and Coldplay start off unknown and then grow and grow to become huge superstars as their musical careers just get better and better. People need to follow bands more, not lose hope so easily.
- 1. First Arctic Monkeys song you heard?
- 2. Top 5 favourite songs?
- 3. Favourite music video?
- 4. Favourite album?
- 5. Favourite Alex Turner hair era?
- 6. How long have you been a fan?
- 7. Most played Arctic Monkeys song in your iTunes?
- 8. Have you got tickets to any future shows?
- 9. List Arctic Monkeys albums from favourite to least favourite
- 10. Alexa or Arielle?
- 11. Favourite Matt Helders drum message?
- 12. How did you first hear about them/hear their music?
- 13. Have you been to one of their concerts?
- 14. Have you met any of the boys?
- 15. Favourite cover by Arctic Monkeys?
- 16. Favourite band member?
- 17. Favourite girlfriend of one of the band members?
- 18. Favourite bside or rare song?
- 19. Do you own any of their merch?
- 20. Favourite interview quote?
- 21. Favourite lyrics?
- 22. Do you prefer their old stuff to their new stuff?
- 23. Favourite TLSP song?
- 24. Milex - yes or no?
- 25. Favourite song from the Submarine soundtrack?
- 26. Song that makes you dance
- 27. Song that makes you sad
- 28. Song that makes you feel badass
- 29. Have you turned any of your friends into Arctic Monkeys fans?
- 30. Favourite live performance?
- 31. Favourite picture of Alex?
- 32. Favourite picture of Matt?
- 33. Favourite picture of Jamie?
- 34. Favourite picture of Nick?
- 35. Top 3 favourite Arctic Monkeys blogs?
- 36. Favourite song from each album?
- 37. Based on the album reviews/live performances, which song you are most excited to hear from the new album?
I still dream about Kurt. Every time I see him in a dream, I’ll be amazed and I get this feeling that everyone else thinks he’s dead. It always feels totally real, probably because I’m a very vivid dreamer. But, in my dreams, Kurt’s usually been hiding - we’ll get together and I’ll end up asking him, “God, where have you been” - Dave Grohl
I still miss him and we’ve never met